As a patient you have choices, rights and responsibilities.
You have the right to:
- Be treated with dignity and respect.
- Know the names and professional status of people serving you.
- Privacy and confidentiality.
- Receive accurate information about your health and to participate in choosing a form of treatment.
- Consent to or refuse care and/or treatment.
- Select and/or change your health care provider.
- File complaints/grievances when dissatisfied with the treatment you have received.
You have the responsibility to:
- Seek medical attention promptly.
- Be honest about your medical history.
- Respect practice policies and operating hours.
- Keep appointments or cancel in advance.
- Ask about anything you do not understand.
- Follow health advice.
- Treat all members of staff at the practice with the same respect shown to you.
Please note that we will not tolerate physical or verbal aggression under any circumstances. Our policy is to remove patients from the practice list with immediate effect where this occurs.